Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Proposal - Part I


So I was reminiscing about my Mills n Boons days.. and how I thoroughly enjoyed reading that overtly mushy stuff.. I still crave for those wonderful "reading" spree days back! And then I got an idea for my next blog post.. (I must confess that I picked this idea from my cousin's blog.. you must read this beautiful story he penned down @ http://sansdeep.blogspot.com/)
I always wanted to write a book and get it published.. and I am sure I'll do that one day but till then I am going to start this series of posts to pen down a figment of my imagination.

So here I am with a fictional story about a girl and a boy who have recently met through a common friend and their friendship has grown leaps and bounds in just a few months. Both of them are born and brought up in Mumbai but have moved to Bangalore just a month ago for work. They live close-by in the same locality in Bangalore and meet up every night for late night walks. Both are adjusting with their new jobs and trying to cope with the new life away from family and friends. They are like each other's "alter ego" and bond over stuff like missing close friends, broken relationships in the past, similar family backgrounds, struggles for making it through in the competitive world and missing family and Mumbai! He is a shy but funny guy and regularly compliments her for her dressing sense and loves her cooking. She just loves those late night walks, talking her heart out to him over anything and everything.

Then...
He(one late night over a cup of coffee at a Cafe shop): Will you be my girlfriend?
She(smiles in disbelief): Are you fine? Do you even know what you are saying?
He: Yeah.. I just asked you out...
She: But we don't even know each other well..?
He: You are the only one I could connect to so well.. I know its early but I thought why not??
She: Listen.. I know we are like best friends in just a matter of two months but I think we should get to know each other better..
He (smiles): I am glad you said this.. I was expecting this from you... I would have been surprised if you had said yes.. (smiles)
She (smiles): ...

Now...
(They both have been very busy at work. More so, he has been working late nights for an upcoming deadline at work and has not met her for almost a week. One evening on a Sunday he comes to her apartment. They are sitting and chatting over a cup of coffee...)
He: I feel bad that we haven't got time for each other.. actually I am just lost.. I am not what I am forced to be here.. I don't like all this neatness n stuff.. I like being messed up.. that's just the way i am...
She: I love you
He(no reaction): .. I just want to get back to my original self...
She: I just said I love you
He: I so badly want to reciprocate back but..
She: .. but..?
He: you are the most amazing person i have met.. seriously...
(His cell rings.. some good news.. the moment he keeps the phone.. she gets up from her chair .. hugs him tightly.. the most amazing hug ..)
She: So proud of you... !
He(smiles shyly): Thanks.. my lucky charm !

... (to be continued)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Naooo...dont do that..gimme more....:D How cute is it!!

Tanvi said...

@Priya: Very soon u will... :)

Poonam said...

Interesting.... m waiting for the continuation..