Friday, July 1, 2011

Inspiration for Aspirations


I came across a lot of eye-opening stuff today and that triggered me to get back to my blog. So for starters, I was reading news on an Indian news website and I read some article about Lisa Ray. So i dug up a few more articles and realized that she is an avid blogger. Her blog named "Yellow Diaries" is basically elucidates her journey, her mind-boggling journey through the dark depths of Myeloma (Bone Marrow Cancer). I was spellbound at the courage and optimism she portrayed during all those trying moments.

I also read about Oscar Pistorius and his story is equally inspiring. The sobriquet "the fastest man with no legs" describes Oscar's unflagging spirit to conquer the Olympic championship in running.

All such stories make me melancholic for a moment but they also leave me with the zest to live life to the fullest. I must admit that the year 2011 has been one such year of conquering my fears and living my life to the fullest. To end this post, I would encourage you to find happiness in every walk of life and have the courage to face the darkness. A childhood poem which taught me how to find happiness in the smallest of things in life comes to mind right now, sharing it here:

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed--and gazed--but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

- Daffodils by Williams Wordsworth

No comments: